Saturday 20 March 2010

Shopping for food...

I'm just back from a trip to my local superstore. I didn't need anything specifically since my fridge is already quite well stocked and my cupboards fairly full with a variety of "emergency" tins and jars, but I went nonetheless. This particular experience made me conclude two things:

1. When approached by a face from the past that you would really rather not see (and no, it wasn't one of my previous men "friends") don't pick up the nearest bottle of red and walk swiftly away in panic before realising it is one of the most expensive on the shelf you happened to be standing in front of at the time. Particularly when you're not actually sure it was the person you thought it might be anyway! And,

2. Always go with a list, particularly if you've been out boozing the night before and your mind can't get past the requisite need for carbohydrates, and "oh doesn't that lemon cheesecake look lovely".

And so now I'm left with an expensive bottle of red which probably won't last the evening and the thought that there's always tomorrow to start that healthy eating drive...

AnnaK xx

1 comment:

  1. So who was this mystery person then if it wasn't one of your (many) men? Come on, spill the beanz.

    ReplyDelete