Wednesday 17 March 2010

Is there such a thing as a free lunch?

As a very recently unemployed person I have been trying to fill my free time up with limited funds.

Clearly I'm not going to jump on the vacuous 'volunteering' bandwagon as that would seem too much like work to me, but without any financial gain. No, no,no, most certainly not for me.

But I did find this beauty: mycitydeal.co.uk once you get past the crap deals (mostly restaurant offers which are no better than toptable.com) there's some good stuff available, so far I've bought two cinema tickets for £1 each and 2 spa days for £25 each. Total saving = £173. If I keep this up I'll soon be rich, or something like that!

I also received a call from an old colleague who has an expense account and wants to take me out to lunch next week. So, yes, there is such a thing as a free lunch after all.

So far so good - I'll post more of my free-ish finds as and when I discover them.

So back to yesterday's dilemmas I had to buy a whole hair dye to get the roots brush thing for my hair, but I bought it with Boots points so it was effectively free. I am soooooo good at this saving money. Maybe I don't need a job after all.

I've ordered my dad's cake - it's going to be something like the one here - well at 70 everyone plays bowls don't they? I had to call my sister though and tell her about my jobless situation as I need her to help pay for the other party food.

Still working on the earning a living thing...

Finn, xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment